First of May

Posted by Denice in


The first time I heard Emy Fujita’s version of “First of May” was sometime last year while our family was on the way to Tagaytay and it was playing on the car’s CD player. The moment I heard it, I was transported back to the mid 70 when I was barely going to school. I remember a moment in my life when all I did was play. My world was pretty simple --- I always played with my friends, I also played the piano and with lots of toys. In our house back then, “First of May” frequently penetrated our house and it was originally performed by the Bee Gees.

I was very happy then. So happy that I hated the thought that such phase was over. That whether I like it or not, I’d have to grow up because the world I live in keeps growing and changing. When I was a child, I did not have a sense of time. I’d do whatever I want and whenever I want. I am so grateful that my parents allowed me to be me and I do hope I can also do the same for my child who happened to be sitting on my lap on the way to Tagaytay… oops, I realized I am a mother now. Time to go with the flow of this life cycle.

This entry was posted on March 17, 2008 at 12:08 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment