Too Beautiful to Last

Posted by Denice in ,


While searching for Gabby Concepcion’s video clip of him singing, “Iisa Pa Lamang,” I accidentally bump into another youtube excerpt of “The Past Romance of Sharon and Gabby.”

I watched the clip to make sure that what my sister was about to see (as I would certainly inform her as usual --- she’s the bigger fan, remember?)

Seeing Sharon and Gabby together makes me want to ask why some good things never last, such as their romance.

It makes me explore a theory I resist to entertain: that most of the people who love each other too much do not end up with each other (I mean, think Romeo and Juliet, Clark Kent and Lois Lane and many, as in many more). As to why, I still don’t know --- perhaps to keep one another “sane” or grounded to “reality” ? Otherwise, the world stops for two people who are in love.


This entry was posted on August 19, 2008 at 7:06 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment