One Night with Michael

Posted by Denice in ,

Today I decided to get away from my work-related routine and headed off to Glorietta’s Art Film to watch Michael Jackson’s “This is It” the movie. I have forgone so many films I due to lack of time but this one I could not afford to miss. It’s a good thing that my husband and son were game enough to ride into my impulsive whims.

Watching MJ rehearsing on stage and singing songs the whole world fell in love with transported me back to my elementary days. Seated inside the theater, I became that girl again who used to drawn herself in his music particularly during the 80s. I kept dancing on my seat while the sexiest 50-year old I had ever seen strut it out with Billy Jean, Beat It, Thriller and many more. I couldn’t help but text my sister my unlocked phone that she must not let this movie pass her by.

I wondered how it would have felt if I were that girl having a duet with MJ singing “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” or the one who played the electric guitar with whom MJ said “It’s your time to shine.” It must have been a kind of feeling that’s simply too wonderful for words. How fortunate these ladies were to have the chance to share moments with the King of Pop.

MJ inspired and touched so many lives especially mine yet he was able to maintain his humility despite the fact that he is larger than life. You could really sense his love for his craft that’s why his works will live forever.

This entry was posted on November 8, 2009 at 12:25 AM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment