Movies: My Unforgettable Films

Posted by Denice in

So what are the types of movies I go for? Pretty much I think, and I can also say I am fairly easy to please. But one thing I realized is that I do not go for fantasy or comical types. I’d rather look at real human beings whose stories are within the realms of “human” experience. As time goes by, I realized that the simpler the plots are, the stronger the effect on the viewer.


There are many films I enjoyed watching and some of them I wish I can keep in a treasure chest for my son and son’s children. I realized some films are worth a second look, and some even more.


Here are some of the “collectibles” by my standards. I will just keep adding as I’m listing down from top of my head:

About Last Night (Demi Moore, Rob Lowe)
About Schmidt (Jack Nicholson)
American Dreamz (Mandy Moore, Hugh Grant, etc)
Blame it on the Bellboy (Dudley Moore, Bryan Brown)
Forrest Gump (Tom Hanks)
Hasards ou Coïncidences /Chances and Coincidences (Alessandra Martines, Pierre Arditi, Marc Hologne)
Hanging Up (Meg Ryan, Dianne Keaton, Lisa Kudrow)
Irreconcilable Differences (Ryan O’Neil, Shelley Long)
La vita è bella / Life is Beautiful (Roberto Benigni)
Nuevo Cinema Paradiso (Marco Leonardi, Philippe Noiret)
Schindler’s List (Ralph Fiennes)
The Bucket List (Jack Nicholson, Morgan Freeman)
The Girl on the Bridge (Vanessa Paradis)
The Godfather I-III (Al Pacino, Marlon Brando)
Y aura-t-il de la neige a Noel? (Will it Snow at Xmas) (Dominique Reymond, Daniel Duval, Jessica Martines)
Young Again (Jack Gilford, Jeremy Ratchford, Keanu Reeves)
You’ve Got Mail (Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan)

This entry was posted on March 7, 2008 at 5:45 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

I love Forest Gump too and will always be on my top list.

December 4, 2008 at 3:21 PM

Post a Comment