Two For the Road

Posted by Denice in




I can define relaxation in four words: “two for the road.” Every time I’d listen to this Henry Mancini genius, I’m transported to a different setting. Suddenly, I see the beautiful me under the bridge, afloat a boat somewhere in Venice, seated with my head leaning towards the arm of a man anyone would wish to have and to hold.

There’s no stress, no worries, no deadlines, no watch to keep and no one else riding in the boat but us --- there’s only love and nothing in between.

The boat is sailing smoothly as our time together has been.
The most wonderful part is that the river that we tread on never seems to end.

If you're feeling fancy free,Come wander through the world with me,
And any place we chance to be Will be our rendezvous.
Two for the road, we'll travel down the years,
precious memories,
Selecting souvenirs and living life the way we please.*
In summertime the sun will shine,
In winter we'll drink summer wine,
And every day that you are
Will be a lovely day.As long as love still wears a smile,
I know that we'll be two for the road,And that's a long, long, while.
(Instrumental interlude and pick up at *.)
In summertime the sun will shine,In winter we'll drink summer wine,
And every day that you are mineWill be a lovely day.
As long as love still wears a smile,
I know that we'll be two for the road,
And that's a long, long, while.

This entry was posted on March 4, 2008 at 12:18 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment